Tuesday 9 February 2010

Flickr

Right. I've just been playing around with Flickr (which I'd never used before), but have only the most basic sense of how it works. I think I need to spend much more time exploring, but don't feel I can at the moment. I like the drag function, but otherwise things are not quite as intuitive as they might be. But I'm sure that will improve as I become familiar with it. I had to sign up for a Yahoo account (probably did years ago, but have lost the details). I find the page layout confusing, and have not yet sorted out how best to look at my photos, and how best to change settings, etc.

I've been using a (commercial) online photo storage facility for years, which has all the basic editing, sorting and grouping functions, but I've never noticed it having tags. I don't know whether it counts as a Web 2.0 system or not - certainly one can invite people to see photos and albums, but there is no open access. On the question of tags, these do not seem to display with the image, in the way that tags do in Facebook, but perhaps I am just looking in the wrong place.

I tried the map function, but it seemed a bit clunky and not particularly easy to navigate. I'll keep trying when I get more time.

I've joined the 23 Things group, so will attempt to add some photos there. I see that I will be adding to a deluge of snowy Oxford images!

No comments:

Post a Comment