Wednesday 31 March 2010

Misc.


Task 21 was to add Flickr photostream to my blog. Nice and easy, but I'm not sure whether the photos remain static, or change as I add things to Flickr. I would really like to be able to select which photos to display. But happily, for now, those on show are ones I took during the snow earlier this year, and complement each other (and my blog colour). I've even been approached by some company, via Flickr, to ask if they can shortlist one of the photos from the same batch for a guide to Oxford.

Task 22 is one that I did some while ago - adding Delicious to my igoogle page. In fact, most of this second task involved revisiting things that we did near the start of 23Things, such as browsing the Editor's choice of gadgets on igoogle. They are mostly not impressive. I tried the Literary quote of the day for two days, and it is unbearably naff as well as being dull. I have stuck with the BBC Good Food daily recipe, and I've just added a few more things (dictionary, earth at night, clouds, search youtube), so will see how I get on with those. Things with adds are much too fussy to display, so any that I wanted to have there (including hotmail) have been given the push, or, if they have to stay, are minimized. Am pleased with Clouds, powered by Google maps. As with Google earth, I love how you can roll the image around.

1 comment:

  1. The Flickr photostream on your blog should change as you upload photos, displaying the most recent ones. But you have a good point, it would be nice to have the option of specifying a subset of photos to display.

    ReplyDelete